President Rahmon expected to pay an official visit to Belarus soon
DUSHANBE, May 14, 2014, Asia-Plus -- Tajik President Emomali Rahmon is expected to pay an official visit to Belarus next visit.
Belarusian Ambassador to Tajikistan, Ms. Olga Gavruk, stated this yesterday while inaugurating Tajikistan-Belarus business forum in Dushanbe.
According to her, President Rahmon and his Belarusian counterpart Alexander Lukashenko will discuss a broad range of issues related to state and prospects of further expansion of bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
Ambassador Gavruk noted that there was a considerable room for expansion of economic ties between Belarus and Tajikistan.
Over the first three months of this year, a two-way trade between Belarus and Tajikistan has valued at 9.2 million USD, Belarusian diplomat noted.
This consisted of Tajikistan exports to Belarus estimated at 1 million USD and Tajikistan’s imports from Belarus worth 8.2 million USD.
We will recall that during Belarusian president’s visit to Tajikistan in 2011, the sides signed an interstate program for long-term cooperation designed for 2011-2020.
-  More than US$447.2 million invested in Tajikistan’s mining sector since 2007
-  Tojikstandart funds construction of new frontier post in Isfara
-  Daytime temperatures expected to fall sharply within the next two days
-  Body of missing five-year-old Dushanbe girl found in Hisor district
-  U$1.668 billion remitted to Tajikistan from Russia in H1 2014
-  Khatlon authorities suggest that amendments should be made to the privatization law
-  Cooperation of Tajikistan with IsDB and EBRD discussed in Dushanbe
-  Issues of introduction of EITI in Tajikistan being discussed in Dushanbe
-  IPPA hosts seminar on micro, small and medium enterprises in Tajikistan
-  3.389 billion somoni invested in fixed capital in Tajikistan in Jan-Jul 2014