President Rahmon expected to pay an official visit to Belarus soon
DUSHANBE, May 14, 2014, Asia-Plus -- Tajik President Emomali Rahmon is expected to pay an official visit to Belarus next visit.
Belarusian Ambassador to Tajikistan, Ms. Olga Gavruk, stated this yesterday while inaugurating Tajikistan-Belarus business forum in Dushanbe.
According to her, President Rahmon and his Belarusian counterpart Alexander Lukashenko will discuss a broad range of issues related to state and prospects of further expansion of bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
Ambassador Gavruk noted that there was a considerable room for expansion of economic ties between Belarus and Tajikistan.
Over the first three months of this year, a two-way trade between Belarus and Tajikistan has valued at 9.2 million USD, Belarusian diplomat noted.
This consisted of Tajikistan exports to Belarus estimated at 1 million USD and Tajikistan’s imports from Belarus worth 8.2 million USD.
We will recall that during Belarusian president’s visit to Tajikistan in 2011, the sides signed an interstate program for long-term cooperation designed for 2011-2020.
-  "Pamir invest -2016" forum takes place in Khorog
-  Another IRPT lawyer was detained on suspicion of divulging state secrets
-  Central Asian countries discuss the prospects of creating a unified system of seismological observat
-  The Ambassador of Kuwait has completed his mission in Tajikistan
-  In Sughd woman and her accomplice were sentenced to 51 years for murdering the husband