President Rahmon expected to pay an official visit to Belarus soon
DUSHANBE, May 14, 2014, Asia-Plus -- Tajik President Emomali Rahmon is expected to pay an official visit to Belarus next visit.
Belarusian Ambassador to Tajikistan, Ms. Olga Gavruk, stated this yesterday while inaugurating Tajikistan-Belarus business forum in Dushanbe.
According to her, President Rahmon and his Belarusian counterpart Alexander Lukashenko will discuss a broad range of issues related to state and prospects of further expansion of bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
Ambassador Gavruk noted that there was a considerable room for expansion of economic ties between Belarus and Tajikistan.
Over the first three months of this year, a two-way trade between Belarus and Tajikistan has valued at 9.2 million USD, Belarusian diplomat noted.
This consisted of Tajikistan exports to Belarus estimated at 1 million USD and Tajikistan’s imports from Belarus worth 8.2 million USD.
We will recall that during Belarusian president’s visit to Tajikistan in 2011, the sides signed an interstate program for long-term cooperation designed for 2011-2020.
-  18 Tajik cities and districts fulfill their autumn conscription targets
-  Doing Business 2015 ranks Tajikistan 166th among 189 economies
-  “Qatari Diar”: Now is the time to invest in Tajikistan
-  Joint military exercise for Tajik and French servicemen conducted in Romit Gorge
-  Tajikistan ranked 102nd among 142 countries in terms of gender gap
-  Parliament passes amnesty law on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Tajikistan’s Constitution
-  Zayd Saidov’s son comes under amnesty
-  Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Tajikistan
-  New Iranian Ambassador to Tajikistan appointed
-  OSCE Office in Tajikistan supports government in switch-over to digitalization process