President Rahmon expected to pay an official visit to Belarus soon
DUSHANBE, May 14, 2014, Asia-Plus -- Tajik President Emomali Rahmon is expected to pay an official visit to Belarus next visit.
Belarusian Ambassador to Tajikistan, Ms. Olga Gavruk, stated this yesterday while inaugurating Tajikistan-Belarus business forum in Dushanbe.
According to her, President Rahmon and his Belarusian counterpart Alexander Lukashenko will discuss a broad range of issues related to state and prospects of further expansion of bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
Ambassador Gavruk noted that there was a considerable room for expansion of economic ties between Belarus and Tajikistan.
Over the first three months of this year, a two-way trade between Belarus and Tajikistan has valued at 9.2 million USD, Belarusian diplomat noted.
This consisted of Tajikistan exports to Belarus estimated at 1 million USD and Tajikistan’s imports from Belarus worth 8.2 million USD.
We will recall that during Belarusian president’s visit to Tajikistan in 2011, the sides signed an interstate program for long-term cooperation designed for 2011-2020.
-  Customs Services Launches Electronic Form of Declaring Goods as of 1 September
-  Chronicle: Highlights of August, 2014
-  Grain Harvest Plan in Soghd Province 93.7 Per Cent Complete
-  ADB operations in Tajikistan “successful” but more attention needed for inclusion and sustainability
-  Over 33 Thousand Bushes of Wild Cannabis Destroyed in Badakhshan and Soghd
-  German media report on stolen cars from Germany again
-  US imposes sanctions against Tajikistan-based Iranian-owned bank
-  OSCE trains Tajik law enforcement officers on detecting and identifying forged travel documents
-  Application of psychological approach in working with prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment
-  President’s brother-in-law appointed deputy head of Tajik power holding