Dushanbe mayor, WB representatives discuss water supply issues
DUSHANBE, November 8, 2012, Asia-Plus -- On Wednesday November 7, Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev received a delegation of the World Bank, led by Pier Francesco Mantovani, Team Leader, Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project.
Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’s office, the sides discussed events that had been held to implement the project. Consultant for implementation of the project is German company, CES Consulting Engineers Saizgitter GmbH.
Both sides reportedly expressed satisfaction with the results of the work done.
The Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project with total funding equivalent to 12 million US dollars, continues promoting the state unitary enterprise (SUE) DushanbeVodokanal (Dushanbe’s municipal waterworks or DVK) to improve the water quality and water supply safety through: a) cleaning the water supply system; b) preparation and performance of the effective demand management program for reduction of abundant water consumption and demand; c) water quality improvement through the rehabilitation and renovation of the key elements in the treatment chain; e) financial, institutional and operational performance improvement of the SUE “DushanbeVodokanal.”
-  ESCAP strengthens collaboration with Central Asia
-  Remittances sent to Tajikistan in RR will be given out in TJS
-  Power rationing expected to be lifted in Tajikistan soon
-  Anticorruption agency investigates entrepreneurial activities of Hoji Halim and Kabiri
-  Tajik name-change craze targets Turkic words
-  Tajikistan Business circles met with the newly appointed U.S. Ambassador
-  Tajik foreign minister says no accreditation for RT in Tajikistan
-  Japan’s Government completes GGP project at Dushanbe Central Clinic №10
-  Constitutional Court approves constitutional amendments
-  PM inspects pace of construction of the Vahdat-Yovon railway
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic