Dushanbe mayor, WB representatives discuss water supply issues
DUSHANBE, November 8, 2012, Asia-Plus -- On Wednesday November 7, Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev received a delegation of the World Bank, led by Pier Francesco Mantovani, Team Leader, Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project.
Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’s office, the sides discussed events that had been held to implement the project. Consultant for implementation of the project is German company, CES Consulting Engineers Saizgitter GmbH.
Both sides reportedly expressed satisfaction with the results of the work done.
The Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project with total funding equivalent to 12 million US dollars, continues promoting the state unitary enterprise (SUE) DushanbeVodokanal (Dushanbe’s municipal waterworks or DVK) to improve the water quality and water supply safety through: a) cleaning the water supply system; b) preparation and performance of the effective demand management program for reduction of abundant water consumption and demand; c) water quality improvement through the rehabilitation and renovation of the key elements in the treatment chain; e) financial, institutional and operational performance improvement of the SUE “DushanbeVodokanal.”
-  Dushanbe mayor’s office provides financial aid to World War II veterans
-  160 new industrial enterprises expected to be introduced into operation in Sughd this year
-  Tajikistan earns 1.5 billion USD from fruit and vegetable exports per year
-  International race dedicated to Tajik Capital City Day held on April 19
-  C-JTSCC awards contracts with Tajikistan vendors in excess of one million USD
-  Tursunzoda’s market Sakhovat taken away from IRP leader
-  Water supply will be cut off to downtown Dushanbe tomorrow
-  President’s address to parliament will be broadcast live on Tajik national TV channels
-  A December 12 attack on SDP’s head office in Dushanbe has not yet been investigated
-  Dushanbe mayor’s office awards best district police inspectors
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
7 photo / 07 JulyNozim Kalandarov
21 photo / 27 JuneNozim Kalandarov
19 photo / 15 JuneMavjouda Hasanova
26 photo / 30 MayMavjuda Hasanova
27 photo / 18 AprilSayrahmon Nazriev
18 photo / 18 AprilNozim Kalandarov