Dushanbe mayor, WB representatives discuss water supply issues
DUSHANBE, November 8, 2012, Asia-Plus -- On Wednesday November 7, Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev received a delegation of the World Bank, led by Pier Francesco Mantovani, Team Leader, Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project.
Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’s office, the sides discussed events that had been held to implement the project. Consultant for implementation of the project is German company, CES Consulting Engineers Saizgitter GmbH.
Both sides reportedly expressed satisfaction with the results of the work done.
The Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project with total funding equivalent to 12 million US dollars, continues promoting the state unitary enterprise (SUE) DushanbeVodokanal (Dushanbe’s municipal waterworks or DVK) to improve the water quality and water supply safety through: a) cleaning the water supply system; b) preparation and performance of the effective demand management program for reduction of abundant water consumption and demand; c) water quality improvement through the rehabilitation and renovation of the key elements in the treatment chain; e) financial, institutional and operational performance improvement of the SUE “DushanbeVodokanal.”
-  Tajik ambassador meets delegation of Tajiks of Pakistan in Islamabad
-  ADB reforms procurement processes to improve project delivery
-  Two districts in Khatlon fulfills their autumn conscription targets
-  President Rahmon expected to pay visit to Gorno Badakhshan in early October
-  Prosecutor involved in Sunday’s fatal traffic accident near Hyatt Dushanbe Hotel
-  Experts address Resolution to the heads of CA countries for enhancing handicraft sector in the regio
-  Tajikistan introduces electricity rationing on October 1
-  Chronicle: Highlights of September, 2014
-  Impact of Tajikistan’s membership in WTO discussed in Dushanbe
-  14 killed in xenophobic attacks in Russia this year
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic