Dushanbe mayor, WB representatives discuss water supply issues
DUSHANBE, November 8, 2012, Asia-Plus -- On Wednesday November 7, Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev received a delegation of the World Bank, led by Pier Francesco Mantovani, Team Leader, Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project.
Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’s office, the sides discussed events that had been held to implement the project. Consultant for implementation of the project is German company, CES Consulting Engineers Saizgitter GmbH.
Both sides reportedly expressed satisfaction with the results of the work done.
The Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project with total funding equivalent to 12 million US dollars, continues promoting the state unitary enterprise (SUE) DushanbeVodokanal (Dushanbe’s municipal waterworks or DVK) to improve the water quality and water supply safety through: a) cleaning the water supply system; b) preparation and performance of the effective demand management program for reduction of abundant water consumption and demand; c) water quality improvement through the rehabilitation and renovation of the key elements in the treatment chain; e) financial, institutional and operational performance improvement of the SUE “DushanbeVodokanal.”
-  Majlisi Namoyandagon board discussed draft law on textbooks
-  Head of IRP’s organization for GBAO arrested for incitement of religious enmity
-  Meeting of Security Council Secretaries of SCO member states is held in Dushanbe
-  OSCE should put torture prevention at the heart of its work on the human dimension
-  Resident of Panj detained with large amount of narcotics in Dushanbe
-  Resident of Asht faces charge of preventing his son from getting basic compulsory education
-  Average monthly wage in Tajikistan stands at 820 somoni
-  Over US$1.9 million worth of goods produced by Tajikistan’s FEZs in Q1 2014
-  The Philippines grants visa-free privilege to Tajikistan
-  President’s daughter drops her Russified name Ozoda Rahmonova for Ozoda Emomali
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
7 photo / 07 JulyNozim Kalandarov
21 photo / 27 JuneNozim Kalandarov
19 photo / 15 JuneMavjouda Hasanova
26 photo / 30 MayMavjuda Hasanova
27 photo / 18 AprilSayrahmon Nazriev
18 photo / 18 AprilNozim Kalandarov