Dushanbe mayor, WB representatives discuss water supply issues
DUSHANBE, November 8, 2012, Asia-Plus -- On Wednesday November 7, Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev received a delegation of the World Bank, led by Pier Francesco Mantovani, Team Leader, Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project.
Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’s office, the sides discussed events that had been held to implement the project. Consultant for implementation of the project is German company, CES Consulting Engineers Saizgitter GmbH.
Both sides reportedly expressed satisfaction with the results of the work done.
The Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project with total funding equivalent to 12 million US dollars, continues promoting the state unitary enterprise (SUE) DushanbeVodokanal (Dushanbe’s municipal waterworks or DVK) to improve the water quality and water supply safety through: a) cleaning the water supply system; b) preparation and performance of the effective demand management program for reduction of abundant water consumption and demand; c) water quality improvement through the rehabilitation and renovation of the key elements in the treatment chain; e) financial, institutional and operational performance improvement of the SUE “DushanbeVodokanal.”
-  Two get long jail terms for helping their aunt leave for Syria
-  94.5% of those who cast ballots voted for amendments proposed to the Constitution
-  Tajik, Uzbek foreign ministers discuss cooperation
-  EU-BOMNAF Women’s Border Management Awareness Course conducted in Dushanbe
-  Majlisi Namoyandagon board discusses bill on humanitarian demining activities
-  Preclusion and prevention of violence and ill-treatment against children in closed institutions
-  OSCE Office in Tajikistan holds high-level dialogue on countering trafficking in human beings
-  Annual meeting of OJSC NBO Roghun shareholders scheduled for May 27
-  Tajik authorities ban the Last Bell ceremony
-  Tajikistan-Germany political consultations held in Dushanbe
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic