Dushanbe mayor, WB representatives discuss water supply issues
DUSHANBE, November 8, 2012, Asia-Plus -- On Wednesday November 7, Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev received a delegation of the World Bank, led by Pier Francesco Mantovani, Team Leader, Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project.
Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’s office, the sides discussed events that had been held to implement the project. Consultant for implementation of the project is German company, CES Consulting Engineers Saizgitter GmbH.
Both sides reportedly expressed satisfaction with the results of the work done.
The Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project with total funding equivalent to 12 million US dollars, continues promoting the state unitary enterprise (SUE) DushanbeVodokanal (Dushanbe’s municipal waterworks or DVK) to improve the water quality and water supply safety through: a) cleaning the water supply system; b) preparation and performance of the effective demand management program for reduction of abundant water consumption and demand; c) water quality improvement through the rehabilitation and renovation of the key elements in the treatment chain; e) financial, institutional and operational performance improvement of the SUE “DushanbeVodokanal.”
-  276 million dollars reportedly invested in Tajikistan’s economy in Q1 2014
-  Former Tajik regional lawmaker reportedly appears in Kyrgyzstan
-  Chronicle: Highlights of July, 2014
-  SCO chief in Tajikistan ahead of summit
-  Corruption has reportedly cost Tajikistan at more than 62.1 mln somoni in H1 2014
-  Russia values allied and strategic relations with Tajikistan, says Russian foreign minister
-  Tajik president, Russian foreign minister discuss Tajik-Russian cooperation
-  Tajikistan ready for intensification of political dialogue with Uzbekistan
-  Moscow court sentences four men from Tajikistan and Daghestan for membership in Hizb ut-Tahrir
-  TALCO denies Barqi Tojik’s report on its electricity debts as baseless
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic