Dushanbe mayor, WB representatives discuss water supply issues
DUSHANBE, November 8, 2012, Asia-Plus -- On Wednesday November 7, Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev received a delegation of the World Bank, led by Pier Francesco Mantovani, Team Leader, Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project.
Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’s office, the sides discussed events that had been held to implement the project. Consultant for implementation of the project is German company, CES Consulting Engineers Saizgitter GmbH.
Both sides reportedly expressed satisfaction with the results of the work done.
The Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project with total funding equivalent to 12 million US dollars, continues promoting the state unitary enterprise (SUE) DushanbeVodokanal (Dushanbe’s municipal waterworks or DVK) to improve the water quality and water supply safety through: a) cleaning the water supply system; b) preparation and performance of the effective demand management program for reduction of abundant water consumption and demand; c) water quality improvement through the rehabilitation and renovation of the key elements in the treatment chain; e) financial, institutional and operational performance improvement of the SUE “DushanbeVodokanal.”
-  Issues of introduction of EITI in Tajikistan being discussed in Dushanbe
-  The possibility of participation of the United States in CASA 1000 project discussed in Dushanbe
-  IOM informs Tajik labor migrants of innovations in Russia’s labor legislation
-  3.389 billion somoni invested in fixed capital in Tajikistan in Jan-Jul 2014
-  Tajik national dies after being beaten in Solnechnogorsk police department
-  MoU on construction of mineral fertilizer plant in Tajikistan signed in Dushanbe
-  Tajik capital to host CIS chief prosecutors’ meeting this week
-  Ashraf Ghani named Afghan president-elect
-  Tajik president signs decree on autumn conscription campaign
-  Tajik Main Geology Directorate, Geological Survey of Finland sign cooperation agreement
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic