Dushanbe mayor, WB representatives discuss water supply issues
DUSHANBE, November 8, 2012, Asia-Plus -- On Wednesday November 7, Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev received a delegation of the World Bank, led by Pier Francesco Mantovani, Team Leader, Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project.
Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’s office, the sides discussed events that had been held to implement the project. Consultant for implementation of the project is German company, CES Consulting Engineers Saizgitter GmbH.
Both sides reportedly expressed satisfaction with the results of the work done.
The Second Dushanbe Water Supply Project with total funding equivalent to 12 million US dollars, continues promoting the state unitary enterprise (SUE) DushanbeVodokanal (Dushanbe’s municipal waterworks or DVK) to improve the water quality and water supply safety through: a) cleaning the water supply system; b) preparation and performance of the effective demand management program for reduction of abundant water consumption and demand; c) water quality improvement through the rehabilitation and renovation of the key elements in the treatment chain; e) financial, institutional and operational performance improvement of the SUE “DushanbeVodokanal.”
-  New chief of Interior Ministry’s office in Gorno Badakhshan appointed
-  Shireen Chashma Orphanage opens in Tojikobod District
-  CIS experts gather in Minsk to discuss border security issues
-  4,500 people in Kulob will get access to sustainable drinking water supply and improved sanitation
-  Tajik leader highly appraises OSCE activities in Tajikistan
-  Kyrgyzstan seeks access to Soviet archives to resolve the rest of the border with Tajikistan
-  Tajik, Czech presidents attend business forum in Dushanbe
-  Tajik opposition activist wounded in Moscow
-  Russia can lose 1 trillion rubles from budget revenues in 2015, says Russian finance minister
-  Tajik ambassador calls on fellow-countrymen to observe Russian legislation
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic